Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Standard 8MM Thunderbird movie projector showing Frazier/Ali fight Pt 1


This is my "Thunderbird" 8MM movie projector (Model 1500). I just got it, although I had an identical model as a kid in 1962. Inside this one is dated 1957. These models were made very VERY basic and catered to those who didn't want to spend the money to get a premium one. The original suggested retail price for these was close to 40 dollars. You could usually get one for around 30 (that's still equal to around 200 in today's $. You can still get the lamps for it. You probably noticed how loud it runs. Typical for a very inexpensive machine as this. The only thing I had to do to it when I got it was a little cleaning and add some lube. Apparently whoever owned it took good care of it and/or stored it well. The movie which I used to demonstrate was the famous Joe Frazier vs Muhammad Ali fight Mar 8 1971 (which Frazier won). If my vid looks a bit amateurish, I was taping with one hand while demonstrating the projector with the other. Part 2 shows the film ending and how the rewind works.

Discounted Beef Jerky Maker Saved Cross Pens Engraved




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links